7am Saturday is a weekly email I send at 7am every Saturday where I share brief and relevant thoughts on money or investing. Enter your email address below to subscribe:
November 9, 2019
Good morning! What a week!! New highs in the stock market and an opportunity to watch my daughter’s volleyball team play for a State Championship. 🤩
📈 U.S. stocks hit fresh records…again! – The S&P 500, Dow Jones Industrial Average, and NASDAQ Composite all closed at new all-time highs on Friday! This is the 5th consecutive weekly gain for US stocks!
🔖 The Everyday Advisor – Last week I announced the launch of Jessica Hinks’ new blog: The Everyday Advisor. Jess is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, and she also happens to be an Associate Wealth Advisor on our team at Hixon Zuercher Capital Management. She is writing some great articles and will continue to publish one new post every week. Here’s what she’s written so far:
- CFP®: Who, Me? – Everyone has a unique story about how they chose their career. Here’s Jess’ story. 👩
- 4 Reasons To Use a 529 Account for Education Savings – Jess’ nieces and nephews inspired this post about saving for college. 🎓
- 5 Important Tips for Buying Your First Home – Jess and her husband recently bought their first home. She’s right on point with this advice for first time homebuyers. 👌
- 4 Steps Toward Creating an Estate Plan – Jess is passionate about helping people simplify their life and getting financially organized. Check out these 4 steps that you should take to review your estate plan. 📃
- How Much Do You Need to Save by Retirement? – Everyone should know their “number”. Do you know yours? 💰
- Is the Stock Market Risky? – Probably my favorite post so far because it’s a topic I’m pretty passionate about. 😉
🏐 A shot at a State Championship – What a week it has been for The Liberty-Benton Eagles Volleyball team! Last Saturday afternoon they beat #1 Ottawa-Glandorf in three sets at the Regional Finals earning a spot in the Final Four at the State Tournament.
On Thursday, they beat Cincinnatti Hill Christian Academy in 3 sets: 25-11, 25-22, and 27-25. They’ve had #OneGoal all year: a State Championship. Today at 11am they will matchup against Independence for a shot at the Ohio Division 3 State Title!
It will be a historic day for L-B sports fans with 2 teams playing for State Championships:
- 11am – Dayton – State Championship for Volleyball (vs. Independence)
- 4 pm – Columbus – State Championhip for Girls Soccer (vs. Cincinnati Country Day)
- 7 pm – Pemberville – State Playoff game for Football (vs. Eastwood)
Follow me on Twitter for updates.
Make it a great day,
↩️ PS – If anytime you get an email from me and you want to share a comment or ask a question, simply hit ‘reply.’ I read every email, and try my best to respond.
📧 PPS – Thank you for all the feedback on these emails. I’ve had an overwhelming amount of positive replies to my new weekly email. If you’re finding these emails helpful, please forward them to your friends. Or, you can always direct them to 7amSaturday.com to sign up.