We all have dreams. Some of them are worth pursuing. However, there are some things to consider before jumping in with both feet. So what does it take to achieve a dream? What things need to be considered before pursuing your dream? How do you know if a dream is worth pursuing?
I recently came across John Maxwell’s new book, Put Your Dream to the Test. In this book, Dr. Maxwell presents ten questions that every dreamer needs to ask to put a dream to the test:
- The Ownership Question: Is my dream really my dream?
- The Clarity Question: Do I clearly see my dream?
- The Reality Question: Am I depending on factors within my control to achieve my dream?
- The Passion Question: Does my dream compel me to follow it?
- The Pathway Question: Do I have a strategy to reach my dream?
- The People Question: Have I included the people I need to realize my dream?
- The Cost Question: Am I willing to pay the price for my dream?
- The Tenacity Question: Am I moving closer to my dream?
- The Fulfillment Question: Does working toward my dream bring satisfaction?
- The Significance Question: Does my dream benefit others?
If you can answer yes to all of these questions, then the odds of achieving your dream are pretty good. Dream BIG and go for it!